TET Exam Syllabus Assam PDF
Assam Teacher Recruitment 2012-2013 has been released in 2012 for filling up 4,500 graduate teachers posts for candidates who are qualified in Assam Teachers Eligibility Test TET. The Government in the Secondary Education Department vide the Assam Secondary Education (Provincialised) Service (Amendment) Rules, 2012 has prescribed the amended qualifications for direct recruitment to the post of graduate teachers. Accordingly the first Teachers Eligibility Test (TET) for Secondary Education in Assam will be conducted in the last week of February, 2013 by the Government of Assam, in Secondary Education Department.
Syllabus For Secondary TET, 2012
Part 1: General Studies and Current Affairs (100 marks) (All questions will be of Multiple Choice Objective Type)
A. General Studies (80 marks)
Unit 1: History and Culture of India with Special Emphasis on Assam History
Unit 2: Indian Political System and Constitution of India
Unit 3: General Science and Technology
Unit4: Geography of India with Special emphasis on Assam
Unit 5: Economy of India with Special emphasis on Assam
Unit6: Mental Ability and Reasoning
Unit8: Secondary Education in India and Management of Schools
B. Current Affairs (20 Marks)
Matters of State, National and International importance, Political and Economic developments, Culture, Art, Literature, Games, Sports, Scientific and Technological advancements, etc.
Part 2: Pedagogy and General English (100 marks) (All questions will be of Multiple Choice Objective Type)
A. Pedagogy (75 marks)
Unit 1: Teaching –Learning Process and Pedagogy
- General Principles of Teaching, Maxims of Teaching
- Significant trends in Modern Teaching Learning Process
- Process of Learning-Major Laws of Learning, Role of Motivation in Learning
- Teaching Methods and Techniques
- Teaching Skills
- Teaching Devices
- Taxonomy of Educational Objectives: Cognitive, Affective & Psychomotor
- Lesson Plan: Essentials of a good Unit
- Teaching Aids
Unit 2: Educational Psychology
- Educational Psychology- Its Meaning and Nature: Application of Educational Psychology in the classroom.
- Attention and Interest – Its Educational Implication
- Personality- Its Concept- role of family and school in personality development
- Education of Children with Special Needs Mental Health and Hygiene, Adjustment and Mechanism
- Intelligence- concept and nature: Individual differences in intelligence, creativity.
Unit 3: Psychology of Adolescence
- Significance of Adolescence Period
- Dimensions of Development during Adolescence- physical, intellectual, social, emotional and moral.
- Emotional problems in the classroom.
- Understanding the adolescent learner- role of family and school
- Juvenile Delinquency
- Guidance and Counseling
- Understanding Developmental Hazards during adolescence.
B. General English (Maximum 25 marks)
Unit 1: Remedial Grammar
- Tense Forms
- Auxiliaries- primary and modals
- Direct and indirect narration
- Active and passive voice
- Appropriate prepositions
- Vocabulary-antonyms, Synonyms
- Pairs of Words
Unit 2: Composition
- Letter Writing- Personal and Formal
- Report Writing
- Phrases and idioms
- Sentence structure – word order
- Paragraph writing
- Precis writing
- Miscellaneous Corrections