APNPDCL Recruitment 2012 Advertisement
APNPDCL ( Northern Power Distribution company of A.P Limited ) has announced notification for the year 2012 for recruitment of Sub-Engineer and Junior Assistant jobs.The APNPDCL invites job applications from the eligible candidates for filling up following vacancies on regular basis. They are about 257 vacancies in total for both Sub-Engineers and Junior Assistants. In which 190 vacancies are for Junior Assistant and 67 vacancies are for sub-engineers. Here you can find complete information about APNPDCL Recruitment 2012 like eligibility, education qualification ,age limit, application forms online and how to apply for the posts are given
Number of Vacancies in APNPDCL Recruitment 2012 for Sub-Engineer
There are 61 posts for Sub-Engineer(Electrical), 06 posts for Sub-Engineer(Electrical-backlog), 182 posts for Junior Assistant, 08 posts for Junior Assistant(Backlog)
Age not below 18 years and not more than 36 years as on 01.07.2011 upper age limit will be relaxed up to 5 years in respect of SC/ST/BC candidates and up to 10 years in respect of P.H candidates and Ex-Servicemen 3 years and length of
service rendered in the armed forces. For in-service contract workers working in the Organization, the age at the time
of entry into the organization as contract worker will be considered.
Must possess a Diploma in Electrical Engineering (or) any other equivalent qualification recognized by the Board/ Government of A.P./India/UGC/DEC/AICTE as the case may be as on 31-03-2012. Possessing the qualification of Graduation in Electrical Engineering along with Diploma in Electrical Engineering will be accepted.
NOTE: If there is any deviation from the above qualification for the above post, the candidates shall produce the equivalency certificate from the authority issuing the qualification certificate viz. Registrar of the University or Secretary of the institute for accepting his/her application.
The selection of candidates for appointment as Sub-Engineer(Electl.) will be as follows:
- i) Evaluation will be done on a scale of 100 marks with a maximum of 55 marks for written examination, for in-service experience in the organization as Contract Worker weightage will be given for a maximum of 45 marks.
- ii) No interviews will be conducted.
- iii) Selection shall be made duly following the Rule of Reservation for SC, ST, BC & Physically Handicapped/Ex-Servicemen, and as per the presidential order.
- iv) Only those candidates who qualify in the written examination by being ranked high, community wise will be called for verification of Original Certificates in 1:1 Ratio.
- v) The minimum qualifying marks in the written test for the above selection process shall be as follows:-
OC – 40%
BC – 35%
SC/ST – 30%
PH – 30%
or as per Rules
- vi) The in-service contract worker who have been working in the organizations ofAPTransco/Discoms will be given weightage marks to a maximum of 45, depending on the length of the service in APTransco/Discoms i.e. 2 ½ marks per every half year (i.e. 180 days) service as contract worker as per the memorandum of settlement dt: 18.12.2010 reached before the Additional Commissioner of Labour and Conciliation Officer, Govt. of A.P. between representatives of APTransco and recognized Trade Unions. Any disruption or discontinuation of service for a continuous period of 180 days and above for whatever the reason as contract worker shall be considered only as a freshPage commencement from the date of resumption after such discontinuation or disruption. Service less than six months will not be considered for weightage.
- vii) In-service contract worker shall submit service certificate from the concerned Divisional Engineer or equivalent cadre evidencing length of service, and continuity of in-service as contract worker/with recorded evidence through substation Log Books to be certified by the concerned Divisional Engineer. OR With recorded evidence of EPF No. in his name to be certified by the concerned Divisional Engineer or equivalent cadre.
- viii) For computation of period of contract service, the date of joining on such service shall be reckoned and the period of service up to 31-03-2012 shall be computed.
- ix) Break in service should not exceed more than six months for computation of weightage of marks.
Note: Mere securing minimum qualifying marks doesn’t vest, any right to a candidate for being called for verification of original certificates.
Details of Written Examination:
- i) Syllabus: Click Here for Syllabus
- ii) Hall Tickets: The hall tickets will be placed on the website seven days prior to the date of examination. The candidate has to down load the Hall ticket from the website only. Hall tickets will not be sent to the candidates by post.
- iii) Date of examination: The written examination for recruitment of SubEngineer(Electl.) will be intimated later.
- iv) Examination Centers: The written examination for recruitment of Sub-Engineer (Electl.) will be conducted at Hyderabad.
- v) Instructions to Candidates at the time of Written Examination:
- 1. The test is of two hours duration. The date and time will be indicated on the Hall ticket. Candidates should reach the test center in time. Candidates will be allowed into the examination hall half an hour before the scheduled starting time. Candidates will not be allowed into the examination hall after the test has started and will not be permitted to leave examination hall before the closure of test time under any circumstances. The Test will be conducted in English language only.
- 2. The test will be of objective type with multiple-choice questions with only one answer being correct among the four alternatives suggested.
- 3. A separate O M R (Optical Mark Reader) answer sheet will be provided to the candidates. The candidate has to indicate his/her response to each question by darkening the appropriate bubble with a Black Ball point pen.
- 4. The candidate has to bring a good quality HB Pencil, eraser, sharpener and blue/black pen or ball point pen to the examination hall.
- 5. The candidate has to follow meticulously all the instructions given on the question paper booklet and OMR Answer Sheet else his answer sheet may not be valued.
- 6. Usage of Calculators/mathematical tables is not permitted. Candidates should not bring cell phones or any other electronic gadgets to the examination hall.
MODEL QUESTIONS for Written Examination
For each of the multiple choice type questions given below blacken the oval corresponding to the correct answer in the O M R Sheet.
1. The form factor for sinusoidal waveform is
1) 1.00 2) 1.11 3) 1.732 4) 2.2
2. The rotor resistance and reactance of a three-phase induction motor is 0.2
ohm and 2 ohm respectively. The per unit slip corresponding to maximum torque
is equal to
1) 9.02 2) 0.01 3) 0.1 4) 0.2
3. Load factor is defined as the ratio of
1) Average power demand to maximum power demand
2) Minimum power demand to maximum power demand
3) Maximum power demand to minimum power demand
4) Average power demand to minimum power demand
4. The unit of luminous flux is
1) lux 2) candle power 3) metre cancle 4) lumen
5. For 132 KV transmission line, the insulators commonly used are
1) Strain type 2) Pint type 3) Suspension type 4) Shackle type
For furthur Details Refer