APSET 2012 Eligibility Criterion
Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test (AP.SET) has released notification for recruitment of Lecturers/Professors in various Universities/Degree Colleges/ Institutions of Higher Education in Andhra Pradesh for the year 2012. There are about 4500 vacancies available for the Lecturer/professor Posts for 24 subjects like Anthropology,Chemical Sciences, Commerce,Computer Science & Applications, Economics, Education, Earth Science, Life Sciences, Linguistics, Management, Hindi, History, Law, Mathematical Sciences, Physical Sciences, Physical Education, Philosophy English, Political Science, Psychology English , Public Administration, Sociology, Telugu, Urdu. Candidates have check with their eligibility criterion before applying for the posts to avoid disappointment at the later stage.
- Only those candidates who have completed or are pursuing the final year of PG degree in related subjects are eligible to appear AP. SET. Others need not apply.
- Candidates who have secured atleast 55% marks (without grace or rounding off) in the Master’s degree ( for OC & BC) and 50% marks (without grace or rounding off) for Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribes (ST)/Physically Challenged (PH)/VH category candidates are eligible for this examination.
- Candidates who have appeared (or) will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s Degree examination and whose result is still awaited (or) candidates whose examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of Lectureship eligibility only after they have passed their Master’s Degree examination (or) equivalent with atleast 55% marks (50% in case of SC/ST/PH/VH candidates). Such candidates must obtain their P.G degree mark sheet within one year from the date of SET with the required percentage of marks, failing which they will be treated as disqualified.
- Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination has been completed (irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for relaxation of 5% of marks from 55% to 50% to appear in the AP.SET Examination.
- Candidates have to appear for AP-SET in the subject of their Post-Graduation only. In case the subject of a candidate is not included in the list of SET subjects, the candidate may appear in UGC-NET / UGC-CSIR NET which is held twice a year.
- The candidates who qualify in the test are eligible to apply for the post of Asst. Professors / Lecturers in various universities and degree colleges of higher education in Andhra Pradesh. They will be given a pass-certificate and the validity period of certificate is forever.
- Candidates other than general category are required to mention of their social status (BC/SC/ST/PH/VH) in the online application form. The candidates in their own interest must satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the test. In case their ineligibility is detected by the Agency at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled and they shall be liable for legal action.
- Candidates may note that the verification of eligibility conditions with reference to the documents (PG qualification certificates, caste certificates and certificates related to PH/VH) as may be called for will be taken up only after the candidate has qualified in the test. If in the event of the candidate being found ineligible at any stage for the award due to any reason, the award may be withdrawn by AP.SET.
- Candidates should note that their candidature is provisional. The mere fact that an admission card has been issued to a candidate will not imply that the university has finally accepted his/her candidature. Candidates may note that their candidature will be deemed final upon verification of eligibility conditions.
- The candidates will not be given any mark sheet from the AP.SET office whether they have qualified or not qualified. No revaluations of papers are allowed for SET Examination. The SET agency will issue certificates to the qualified candidates only after careful verification of the concerned certificates of the candidate.
- The same photograph of the candidate which is printed on the hall ticket will also be Printed on the certificate to be issued by the Office of the AP.SET.
No upper age limit.
Number of Chances:
A candidate can avail any number of chances.
Exemption (Eligibility for Lectureship):
- AP-SET shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professors in universities/ colleges/institutions. However, the candidates, who have been awarded a Ph. D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of AP.SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in universities/ colleges/ institutions.
- For AP- SET Candidates: The candidates who have cleared the State Eligibility Test (AP-SET) accredited by UGC for eligibility for Lectureship held prior to 1st June 2002, are exempted from appearing in NET, being eligible to apply for Lectureship anywhere in India. For AP- SET held from 1st June 2002 onwards, the qualified candidates are eligible to apply for the post of Lecturer only in the universities/ colleges belonging to the state from where they have cleared their AP-SET.