The All India Institute of Medical Sciences , New Delhi has announced all india post graduate entrance examination for the year 2012 for admission into different Postgraduate (MD/MS/ Diploma & MDS) courses in Medical and Dental colleges in the country which are being run by the Union of India, State Governments (except Government of Andhra Pradesh and J&K) and Municipal or other local authorities.
The admission into various courses is under 50% seats quota. The All India Institute of Medical Sciences invites applications in the prescribed form through online mode for All India Post Graduate Medical/Dental Entrance Examination (AIPGMEE-2012). The applications are to be submitted on Sunday, the 08th January, 2012.
Eligibility Criteria for All India Post Graduate Entrance Examination 2012
- The applicant must be an Indian national to apply for the exam.
- The candidate must posses MBBS/BDS degree from a recognized Medical/Dental College or a foreign degree included in the schedules to the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956 and full registration either from the Medical/Dental Council of India or State Medical/Dental Council after completing the compulsory rotating internship.
- Candidates who have obtained MBBS/BDS from Medical/Dental colleges in Andhra Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir are not eligible to apply. However, candidates who were nominated by the Government of India (Ministry of Health & Family Welfare/D.G.H.S., New Delhi) to do MBBS/BDS from Medical/Dental Colleges in Andhra Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir are eligible to apply subject to submission of requisite documents specified in the Prospectus.
- The candidates should complete the required period of 12 months pre-registration internship from a recognized Hospital on or before 31st March, 2012.
- The prospectus is available on the website www.aiimsexams.org and must be read by the applicants before applying.
Application Fee for All India Post Graduate Entrance Examination 2012
- The cost of online Application-cum-Examination fee is Rs.1000/-
- In case of SC/ST candidates the application fee is Rs.800/-
How to apply for All India Post Graduate Entrance Examination 2012
A candidate can only submit their application Online through Internet. First the candidate has to visit the website www.aiimsexams.org to read the prospectus and other details carefully and follow the instructions given. The candidate can pay the application fee through a challan form (down loaded from internet while applying on-line) in any branch of State Bank of India.Transaction Processing Fee (as applicable) will be payable to the Bank by the candidate. Candidates are required to bring AIIMS copy of Challan Form to the Examination Hall on the day of Examination and Deposit the same with Invigilator at the time of attendance. Candidates are NOT required to send any documents, including Registration slip to AIIM.
Important dates for All India Post Graduate Entrance Examination 2012
- The online registration for application should be done at http://www.aiimsexams.org/ between 01.12.2011 to 21.12.2011.
- The Last Date for submission of On-line applications and closing of Registration is 21.12.2011 (up to 5:00 PM).